Business / Commercial Crime Prevention
- Ensure that all exterior doors have deadbolt locks with a minimum one inch bolt into the strike plate.
- Secure exposed exterior door hinge pins to prevent their removal.
- Protect all grade floor glass through the use of bars, metal screens or burglary resistant glazing materials.
- Install a burglar alarm system which is monitored offsite. We recommend that the system be certified by Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC).
- Continually check for unsafe work conditions and practices, and take prompt corrective action.
- Provide a complement of serviced, multi-purpose fire extinguishers in your premises and instruct all staff in their use.
Protecting Your Computer Equipment
- Clamp or lock PCs to desks/work stations. Security kits are available at nominal cost.
- Backup data and programs on a regular basis and store them offsite in a secure location.
- Laptop computers are portable and easy targets for theft. Do not leave them unsecured or unattended.
- Maintain records of serial numbers for all of your computer equipment.